So, I finally got around to binge-watching Netflix's Space Force recently. It's nowhere near as bad as critics are making it out to be. The writers knew enough about military culture to poke fun at our soon-to-be real sister branch while simultaneously giving it a solid storyline to keep me invested. And, uh. Yeah. That's about it. Pretty solid and I enjoyed it. I hope it gets a second season, but I hope it can flesh out some of its side characters a bit more.
If you can't tell, my normal schtick of riffing on military news in the opener of these memes pieces is going to be a lose/lose situation this time for fairly obvious reasons. There are many more voices out there that could probably articulate the proper words for this situation far better than I could. I don't want to take anything away from those conversations. I curate memes and practice a stand-up routine that will probably never get me to a late-night writer gig. I think I'm funny, but I'm probably not.
But that's why we love memes, isn't' it? It's a brief distraction from the sh*tstorm of daily life and outside is currently a Cat-5 Sh*ticane. It's the slight exhale of breath at a mildly funny meme followed by a, "Heh. That sucks. I remember doing that sh*t." That gets us through whatever we're doing. Memes won't undo whatever it is that's going on around us, but it's a good quick break from it all.
So just sit back. Relax. And remember what Bill and Ted taught us… Just be excellent to each other. Anyways, here's some memes.
1. Weekends? I haven’t heard of those in a long, long time…(Meme via Army as F*ck)
2. I mean. Doc says it can cure herpaghonasyphilaids, so it’s HAS TO do something… right?
(Meme via Disgruntled Vets)
3. Miss you, boo. Hope the Army is treating you right!
(Meme via US Army WTF Moments Memes)
4. “You know what these guys need? Micromanagement!” – Said every butterbar ever.
(Meme via Not CID)
5. Maybe if you kicked the tire a bit more every Monday, we wouldn’t be in this situation, Private!
(Meme via I Am an American Soldier)
6. Learning how to properly give an IV can come in handy after a long night of drinking. Just saying…
(meme via The Enlisted Club)
7. Of course, I have been working out during the pandemic. I do half a sit-up in the morning and finish it when I go to bed!
(Meme via The Army's Fckups)
8. You’d think by now I’d have figured this trap out… But I haven’t…
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
9. Not great, at the moment. But thanks for asking! Oh? It’s just a meme… Never mind…
(Meme via Private News Network)
10. It blows my mind that the Air Force gets hundreds of thousands of dollars per missile but we had to cut a hole in some plywood to make a toilet.
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
11. It’s mandatory-fun day and there’s a bouncy castle. Why is fun not mandatory?
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
12. In case you thought the Space Force would get funding… Spoiler alert: They won’t!
(Meme via US Space Force WTF Moments)
13. We love you, Enlisted Jesus. You’re the caliber of leader the military needs right now.
(Meme via Air Force Nation & Humor)