In a recent study conducted by the Department of Defense and the Sleep Research Society, it turns out that the insomnia rate within troops skyrocketed 650 percent since the 2003 invasion of Iraq. In other news, water is wet.
No. But seriously. This should only be a shock to civilians who're so far removed from what the troops are actually doing. If you're wondering why we have sleep problems, take a look at our regular schedule: wake up at 0430, PT until 0700, work until 1700 (but more likely at 1800,) fill out paperwork or college courses that couldn't have gotten done during work hours for another few hours, maybe some personal time, and eventually sleep around midnight.
That entire cycle is then propped up with copious amounts of coffee and energy drinks. And to no one's surprise, it's obviously the caffeine's problem instead of systemically awful time management skills of most troops.
I'm just saying. Don't get on the troops' asses about drinking coffee. There are civilians who roll out of bed at 0845 and leave work at 1500 who can't go a moment without their vanilla spiced grande chai latte whatever. Here are some memes for those of you who earned theirs!
1. Bonus points if you can hang up on them without them realizing you did it half an hour ago.
(Meme via Introverted Veteran)
2. Meet a military guy and we'll give you the Disney Princess experience... with a wedding before the clock hits midnight.
(Meme via The Army's Fckups)
3. If shouting platoon brings a little joy to the lives of our Platoon Sergeants, who am I to judge?
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
4. Remember who you are...
(Meme via The Salty Soldier)
5. It counts as doing calisthenic exercises... right?
(Meme via Call for Fire)
6. You guys better not flake out on me. I need that motivation back.
(Meme via Team Non-Rec)
7. If only coins counted as promotion points...
(Meme via Not CID)
8. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
9. No one wants to carry the M249 until the sh*t hits the fan...
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
10. Missed me with those Tide-Pods... But this on the other hand...
(Meme via Broken and Unreadable)
11. Funny thing is that these exact masks are in every barracks room military-wide.
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
12. I've been out for almost five years now and I still don't have the proper response to TYFYS.
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
13. Every. Single. Time...
(Meme via Air Force Nation & Humor)
- Funniest military memes for the week of June 28th - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 5th - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 12th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 19th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 26th - We Are ... ›