In case you guys didn't catch it, the promotion list for October 1 is out. Chances are, whether you're still in or not, you found out about it through everyone who did get picked up posting their promotion on Facebook - like I did.
There's nothing wrong with that. My hats off to everyone who made it. Maybe I'm just salty because I got out of the Army five years ago and I'm seeing folks I served with get E-7. I mean, a lot has happened since the last time I got roaring drunk in Germany with them or did stupid sh*t together to pass the time in Afghanistan, but they still made it?
Just imagine where I could have been if I stayed in. My money is on alcoholic S6 NCOIC on his third divorce with a general hatred for everyone and everything. That seems about right.
In all seriousness, congratulations everyone who made the list - make Uncle Sam proud he gave you those stripes. Anyways, here are some memes.
1. I don't give a damn what anyone says. I'd rather use those 45 minutes every night to sleep than "build pride in my uniform." Fight me.
(Meme via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
2. "For the last f*cking time... kidney stones aren't something to brag about" - Every Medic/Corpsman ever.
(Meme via The Salty Soldier
3. I know it's a dumb idea to waste more ammo on the target if you miss it during qualifications, but goddamn does it feel satisfying.
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
4. Some real advice is to look out for a freshly paved road or if the locals are nowhere to be seen. But sure. The grocery bag is "sketchy."
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
5. It's funny because the regions are actually based off of actual locations and most soldiers never picked up on that.
Atropia is Azerbaijan, Limaria is Armenia, Gorgas is Georgia, Ariana is Iran, and Donovia is Russia... Just by the way.
(Meme via Call for Fire)
6. I couldn't tell you the FM on how to do the paperwork properly, but I'll be damned if I couldn't tell you, verbatim, why I can get away with my sh*tbaggery.
(Meme via Team Non-Rec)
7. Integrity in the military means "unit cohesion" and not snitching.
(Meme via Not CID)
8. The military knows what would happen if troops actually spoke honestly during command climate surveys.
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
9. I mean... it isn't?
(Meme via Private News Network)
10. And everyone at Finance really does give you Hell like it's money coming out of their own pockets. For f*ck's sake.
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
11. Still the best sleep I've ever gotten.
(Meme via Air Force Nation & Humor)
(Meme via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
13. You drink because you enjoy how it makes you feel while you're under the influence. I drink because I relish the sweet embrace of death and each bottle of Jack is one step closer to the ultimate goal of liver failure.
(Meme via The Okayest Sergeant)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of August 23 - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of August 30th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of September 6th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of September 13th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of September 20th - We ... ›