Jun. 29, 2015 06:50AM EST
The 5 biggest stories in the military world right now (June 29)
Good morning! Here's what's happening around the national security space:
- Another of Elon Musk's SpaceX rockets exploded shortly after liftoff on Sunday while on a resupply mission to the International Space Station. This latest failure may have serious implications for the company's military plans.
- The Kurds are kicking butt and Turkey is debating whether to start battling ISIS inside of Syria.
- The SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage means gay couples in the military can now be married in all 50 states.
- This isn't from Duffel Blog, we swear. A soldier who is an Insane Clown Posse fan is part of a lawsuit that claims his "Juggalo" status opens him up to possible dismissal from the U.S. Army.
- With tours in Vietnam, Honduras, Iraq, Afghanistan, and 42 years of service — this sergeant major may be the last Vietnam veteran to retire from the Army.