A drunk guy stole an armored carrier then promptly crashed it
A drunken man was detained after stealing an armored personnel carrier and crashing it into a supermarket in northwestern Russia on Jan. 10, police said.
Police said in a statement carried by Russian news agencies that the man stole the tank-like vehicle on caterpillar tracks from a military driving school in the city of Apatity in the far northern region of Murmansk.
The school teaches driving skills to future army conscripts, but the vehicle had been stripped of weapons, police said.
On a joyride through Apatity, the man driving the armored vehicle badly damaged a parked car before careening through the supermarket window, police said.
Russian Man Rams Shopfront in Armored Vehicle, Steals Wine https://t.co/RXxsyoXRix
— The Moscow Times (@MoscowTimes) January 10, 2018
After the crash, the man climbed out of the vehicle’s hatch and walked into the aisles of the supermarket before being detained, the police said.
After detaining the man, officials said police determined that he was drunk.
Local news website Hibinform reported that the man also attempted to steal a bottle of wine from the supermarket just before his arrest.
- Twitter Says 667,775 Americans Followed Russian Tweets During 2016 Election
- Russian Trolls Found Amplifying U.S. Republican Charge Against FBI
- Kaspersky Reports Growth Despite U.S. Government Ban
- OSCE Monitor Killed In Car Accident In Eastern Ukraine
- U.S. Official: Iran To Top Tillerson Agenda On Europe Trip