To those who are about to run straight into Area 51 in Nevada September 2019, the US Air Force would like you to think again.
In the "X-Files" event of the century, over 1 million people have responded to a Facebook event titled, " Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us."
What do they have in mind once they get into the highly confidential area? "Lets see them aliens," the event description says.
But in a statement provided to the Washington Post, Air Force spokeswoman Laura McAndrews said the Air Force was aware of the event and warned against it.
"[Area 51] is an open training range for the U.S. Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces," she said. "The U.S. Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets."
For what it's worth, the event remains scheduled for Sep. 20, 2019 — and it appears they know what they're in for.
Me making sure my Alien from Area 51 has all of the love and affection it deserves pic.twitter.com/P4Fy6sf9aG— chel$ea 🛴 (@chhlss) July 15, 2019
"We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry," the event's description says."If we naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets."
A "Naruto run" refers to the popular anime, in which a person runs very fast with their torso forward, and arms back. Faster than their bullets, if you will.
Me walking my alien out of Area 51 and telling him that he needs to try a Wendy’s 4 for 4 as soon as he can pic.twitter.com/ZlowjEPxnU— 🅿️ablo (@young_picassoo) July 12, 2019
The event even spawned its own meme cycle and, reader, it's good.
- Starbucks' new Tie-Dye Frappuccino may not look as stunning as it does in photos, but it's more than an Instagrammable drink
- 17 seemingly suspicious cases of tourists getting sick, assaulted, and dying in the Dominican Republic since June 2018
- Burger King Sweden is challenging customers to guess if their Whopper is meat or plant-based
This article originally appeared on Insider. Follow @thisisinsider on Twitter.
- Top-secret military bases changed history - Business Insider ›
- 'How to get posted at Area 51' & other dumb military questions ... ›
- This is what we know about Area 51 - We Are The Mighty ›