These spacecraft will travel over 400 million kilometers before all reaching their destination around February 2021.
But in the past 13 years, only seven rockets sent missions to the red planet. So, why are so many attempts to reach Mars all happening right now?
- NASA Mars Curiosity rover turns 6: Close-up photos of Mars' surface ... ›
- Mars One: Yes, Bas Lansdorp Really Does Want To Send People To ... ›
- Elon Musk gives details about sending 1 million people to Mars by ... ›
- 13 things to know about Mars before NASA lands the InSight probe ... ›
- Mars settlement in California desert may train astronauts for Mars ... ›