The new UK defense secretary wants to kill every Brit who fights for terrorists
Britain’s new Defence Secretary has unequivocally threatened to kill Britons who leave the country to fight for ISIS.
Gavin Williamson told the Daily Mail on December 6th:
“I do not believe that any terrorist, whether they come from this country or any other, should ever be allowed back into this country. […]
“Quite simply my view is a dead terrorist can’t cause any harm to Britain.”
Williamson added that British fighters who flee the UK for other countries would be hunted down and prevented from returning home or finding havens in other countries.
He said: “Make sure there is no safe space for them, that they can’t go to other countries preaching their hate, preaching their cult of death.”
This could mean seizing their passports if they try to cross international borders, the Daily Mail said.
Williamson’s threat was harsher than that of his predecessor, Michael Fallon, who resigned amid sexual misconduct allegations last month.
In October, Fallon said British nationals who have chosen to fight for ISIS in Iraq or Syria have made themselves “a legitimate target” and “run the risk every hour of every day of being on the wrong end of an RAF or a United States missile,” according to The Telegraph.
Williamson’s Wednesday remarks echoed those of Rory Stewart, an international development minister, who said last month: “The only way of dealing with them [foreign fighters] will be, in almost every case, to kill them.”
Meanwhile, Max Hill QC, the UK’s official anti-terror watchdog, has said that teenagers who joined ISIS “out of a sense of naivety” should be reintegrated into British society so as to avoid “losing a generation.”
- Mike Pence hopes for a 'new era' in Middle East peace talks, but Palestinians are looking for partners elsewhere
- 'I've got another nut job here': Trump reportedly eyeing replacements for John Kelly
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS: Trump signs temporary funding bill to end government shutdown
- FBI director reportedly threatened to resign after being pressured to fire his deputy
- Hawaii's governor said he couldn't notify the public of the false missile alarm because he forgot his Twitter password