US Marine killed in stabbing during fight at Camp Pendleton
A US Marine was killed in a stabbing after a fight broke out at Camp Pendleton’s School of Infantry (SOI), according to a San Diego Union-Tribune report published Jan. 16.
One Marine was reportedly in custody. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is investigating the incident.
First responders were notified at around 7:45 a.m. of an injured person, according to the Union-Tribune.
Located in San Diego County, Camp Pendleton is the primary training center for Marines on the West Coast. After graduating from boot camp, all Marines, regardless of occupational specialty, are sent to the SOI for further combat training before being attached to their units.
- 'I am enraged': Father of Parkland shooting victim blasts the listening session Trump held with mass-shooting survivors
- Trump contradicts an earlier claim he made about concealed carry during listening session with shooting survivors
- Brazil has committed to an 'extreme measure' to combat crime in Rio — and it could be a model for the rest of the country
- These are the most corrupt countries in the Western world
- We got an up-close look at an M1 Abrams tank — the king of the battlefield