North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the man who has held Asia on the brink of nuclear war for years, was loudly cheered and celebrated as he made his way around Singapore on a night out.
Around Singapore, media outlets stood perched and ready to catch a glimpse of the young leader as he toured the city's finer establishments. Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump has not been seen outside since getting off his airplane, as he crams for June 12, 2018's summit.
Video taken at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and shopping center shows Kim heading in and likely up to SkyPark, the famous rooftop of the iconic hotel.
SkyPark features swimming pools, bars, and restaurants and is a big tourist attraction.
Hear the enthusiasm in the room as he enters:
Kim has lived in North Korea much of his life, and didn't leave the country between 2011 and early 2018, when he went to Beijing to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Kim was also photographed with Singapore's minister of foreign affairs in what's likely the first selfie of his life.
Kim lives under constant fear of assassination, as the administrator of a state that keeps untold thousands in political prisons while it seeks to threaten the world with nuclear weapons. He likely hasn't had many nights out on the town like this.
Meanwhile, less than half a mile away, Trump is preparing for their historic meeting.
This article originally appeared on Business Insider. Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter.
- Tillerson, Mattis trying to hold Trump back from striking North Korea ... ›
- North Korea is sitting on a stockpile of minerals worth trillions ... ›
- North Korea reportedly hands Trump a win by releasing US prisoners ›
- North Korea announces it would 'stop nuclear tests' - Business Insider ›
- 21 photos of North Korea that Kim Jong Un wouldn't want you to see ... ›