Every warrior should have access to this PTS healing experience
Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) can be a debilitating condition and often referred to as the silent killer of veterans. Alarmed by the 22 veteran suicides per day statistic, Jake Clark founded Save A Warrior, a warrior-led healing experience to save active duty service members, veterans, and first responders from committing suicide and improve their lives.
In this episode of the We Are The Mighty podcast Jake Clark and Raychad Vannatta—Save A Warrior’s executive director—stop by to discuss their mission and tactics for curbing PTS.
- Logan Nye: Army veteran and associate editor
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and managing editor
- Tracy Woodward: Benevolent smartass and Social Media coordinator
- Orvelin Valle (AKA O.V.): Navy veteran and Social Media editor
Selected links and show notes from the episode:
- Save A Warrior website
- [05:00] Explaining war detox.
- [07:10] This is what happens at Save A Warrior camp.
- [09:25] How the hero’s journey plays a role in healing.
- [13:50] Who’s a good Save A Warrior candidate?
- [15:50] How the Save A Warrior experience is similar to basic training.
- [21:30] How Save A Warrior was created.
- [26:00] Save A Warrior alternatives that could help.
- [28:00] The future of Save A Warrior
- [31:30] Save A Warrior success stories.
- Recommended Reading:
The War Comes Home documentary featuring Save A Warrior:
Music licensed by Jingle Punks:
- Step on up 001-JP
- Heavy Drivers-JP
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!