Every warrior should have access to this PTS healing experience
Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) can be a debilitating condition and often referred to as the silent killer of veterans. Alarmed by the 22 veteran suicides per day statistic, Jake Clark founded Save A Warrior, a warrior-led healing experience to save active duty service members, veterans, and first responders from committing suicide and improve their lives.
In this episode of the We Are The Mighty podcast Jake Clark and Raychad Vannatta—Save A Warrior’s executive director—stop by to discuss their mission and tactics for curbing PTS.
- Logan Nye: Army veteran and associate editor
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and managing editor
- Tracy Woodward: Benevolent smartass and Social Media coordinator
- Orvelin Valle (AKA O.V.): Navy veteran and Social Media editor
Selected links and show notes from the episode:
- Save A Warrior website
- [05:00] Explaining war detox.
- [07:10] This is what happens at Save A Warrior camp.
- [09:25] How the hero’s journey plays a role in healing.
- [13:50] Who’s a good Save A Warrior candidate?
- [15:50] How the Save A Warrior experience is similar to basic training.
- [21:30] How Save A Warrior was created.
- [26:00] Save A Warrior alternatives that could help.
- [28:00] The future of Save A Warrior
- [31:30] Save A Warrior success stories.
- Recommended Reading:
The War Comes Home documentary featuring Save A Warrior:
Music licensed by Jingle Punks:
- Step on up 001-JP
- Heavy Drivers-JP
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles