The thin line between brilliant and crazy cliché couldn't be truer than for the military leaders in this entertaining episode of the We Are The Mighty podcast. While they accomplished incredible feats and heroics on the battlefield, they have another side the history books leave out.
- Logan Nye: Army veteran and associate editor
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and managing editor
- Tracy Woodward: Benevolent smartass and Social Media coordinator
- Orvelin Valle (AKA O.V.): Navy veteran and Social Media editor
Selected links and show notes from the episode
- 5 general officers who were almost certainly crazy
- 5 American generals buried in more than one place
- 5 generals with some of the weirdest habits in military history
- [01:00] Stan McChrystal's one-meal-a-day regimen.
- [01:30] Vice Adm. John D. Bulkeley dressed up in a ninja suit to ensure his classified areas were defended.
- [07:40] Gen. Curtis LeMay really wanted to bomb the Russians.
- The Fog of War: eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara
- [14:05] Gen. Thomas Power—LeMay's successor—really, really wanted to bomb the Russians.
- [18:30] Stonewall Jackson and his weird elevating his arm habit.
- [24:50] Lt. Gen. George Custer was obsessed with his huge pack of dogs.
- 9 amazing facts about General George S. Custer
- Napoleon Bonaparte's nap habit.
- [38:15] Gen. "Mad" Anthony Wayne made his soldiers fight without ammunition.
Music licensed by Jingle Punks
- The Situation 001-JP
- Heavy Drivers-JP