7 best memes from Super Bowl LIII
Super Bowl LIII was the stuff of... well, not legends, exactly — even though the Patriots did become only the second team in NFL history to win six Super Bowls. Whether you were rooting for Brady to cement his GOAT status or hoping the Rams could headbutt him into history, fans from both sides were a little disappointed by the early action in the game.
Here are some of the best memes to come out of the wait, the 4th-quarter fireworks, and the Super Bowl ads:
1. They're not exactly wrong:
For anyone who missed the game and hasn't seen yet: The defenses played amazingly and the coaches did well, but there weren't many Hail Mary passes or stunning breakouts by running backs.
2. So, yeah, if you were into offensive plays:
Defense wins championships -- not hearts.
3. The unforced errors were also disappointing, to say the least.
If everyone could just play like conference champions, that would be great.
4. But then the 4th quarter happened.
But then, finally, the Patriots got into the Red Zone. And then they scored. And Rams fans ... Well, their world was crushed.
5. And the victory memes debuted basically immediately.
Good work, Patriots. Congrats on number six.
6. There were some good ads, though.
On the ad side, Bud Light had a few great ones, Stella Artois had an awesome one with Jeff Bridges as The Dude, Harrison Ford and his dog taught everyone about failed Alexa prototypes, and Microsoft showed off their adaptive controllers.
7. Kia's ad debuted their swimming SUV, for some reason.
To be clear, no, Kia isn't releasing a swimming SUV. But their ad about the Kia Telluride showed the small town in Georgia that makes the car and then showed someone driving the car into a river like they didn't want it anymore (and, yes, it more likely be the Coast Guard than Navy).
- 11 hilarious Marine memes that are freaking spot on - We Are The ... ›
- This Steeler went to four Super Bowls after being wounded in Vietnam ›