The Navy Credentials Program Office (CPO) completed its latest brief on the Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL) program at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, April 18, 2019.
Navy COOL provides active duty and reserve sailors, whether forward-deployed, underway or ashore, with a way to map their Navy education, training, experience, and competencies to civilian credentials and occupations.
"The Navy COOL program reflects the Navy's ongoing commitment to sailors and civilians in providing world class training, experience, and opportunities that will serve them well on active duty, Federal service, and post-service civilian careers," said Keith Boring, Navy Credentialing, director.
The Navy Region Hawaii Career Information Center hosted the CPO team for this four-day visit. The team visited Marine Corps Base Hawaii K-Bay, Wahiawa NCTAMS, Joint Base Pearl Harbor and for the first time, Pacific Missile Range Facility Barking Sands.
Thom Seith, program analyst, Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line program, front-right, speaks with Hawaii-based sailors about Navy credentialing opportunities during a Navy Credentials Program Office visit.
(U.S. Navy photo by David Adkins)
"This was a great opportunity to get the word out about the value of certification and licensure from the subject matter experts," said Senior Chief Navy Counselor Robert Pagtakhan, Navy Region Hawaii career counselor. "The information presented enhanced Career Development Boards, advancement, and individual personal and professional goals. Discussions also emphasized the importance of the Learning and Development Roadmaps and United Services Military Apprenticeship Program."
In addition to discussions on the importance of credentialing and licensing during and after a sailor's Navy career, the CPO team also walked attendees through the Navy COOL website, the voucher submission process and credentialing eligibility requirements.
Upcoming Navy COOL briefing opportunities include:
- May 13-17: Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Virginia
- May 13-17: Kings Bay, Georgia/Mayport, Florida
- May 30-June 1: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- July 16-20: New London, Connecticut
- August 1-5: Kitsap/Whidbey/Everett, Washington
- August 13-17: Annapolis, Maryland
- August 20-24: Washington D.C.
- September 15-20: San Diego, California
Any command interested in hosting a COOL briefing, can complete an online feedback form at: http://www.facebook.com/netcpao.
- Navy's Plans for Unmanned 'Ghost Fleet' Remain Shrouded in Secrecy ›
- Navy Conducts Unprecedented Flyover for President George H.W. ... ›
- Navy Drops Charges Against Fitzgerald Commanding Officer, LT in ... ›
- Chinese hackers are tearing the Navy and its industry partners apart ... ›
- Navy Identifies Sailor Killed in Manbij, Syria ›