The 5 biggest stories in the military world right now (June 30)
Good Mighty morning! Here are the five stories you need to know about before you strap on your boots and head out today:
- An Indonesian Air Force C-130 crashed near a residential neighborhood, killing at least 43 people. CNN has the story here.
- Our partners at Business Insider report that Greece’s military budget is growing in spite of that country’s economic turmoil.
- Want a surplus Humvee for old-times sake? The Defense Logistics Agency is making it easier to make them street legal. Fox News has the story here.
- So much for that “spending like a sailor on liberty” cliche. Forbes reports that military members are better than civilians at monitoring their money.
- The U.S. has restored military aid to Bahrain in spite of that country’s human rights record. (And the Fifth Fleet staff lets out a collective sigh of relief.) Defense One has the full story here.
Now check this out: The US military took these incredible photos this week >
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles