Freelance Video Editors
Serving a passionate military community, their family and friends with inspirational stories and great entertainment.
THE MIGHTY is hiring a Freelance Video Editor to edit and deliver original short-form video on a daily and weekly basis. The Video Editor should have proven post-production experience with ability to contribute to and deliver concepts as conceived by creative team. We are looking for someone to edit original, accessible military-related content covering a range of categories including entertainment, comedy, sports, tactics, lifestyle, inspirational and informative. Candidates with extensive knowledge or experience serving in the U.S. Armed Forces preferred.
- Pulling, transcoding, syncing and logging existing or original footage.
- Edit original video concepts and series.
- Create assets using existing footage or photos to be used in original series.
- Polish final edits by color correcting, mixing sound, titling, etc.
- Collaborate with Video Producer to maximize creativity during post
- Transcode final edit for output to various platforms including YouTube.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of post-production experience.
- Extensive use and knowledge of editing software including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, more.
- Knowledge and experience managing media including video codecs and formats.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple small-scale productions simultaneously.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Organized, discreet, detail-oriented.
- Experience editing video for YouTube platform preferred.
- You will be asked to provide links or highlight reel showcasing previous work.
Current active duty (soon to ETS), members of the Reserves and National Guard and all prior service men and women with varied experience and skills are encouraged to apply. Please send resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
This is a freelance position based in our Hollywood, CA office. Reports to Video Producer and Head of Programming and Production.