On Jun. 17, 2018, Chippewa Valley Regional Airport in Eau Claire, WI hosted an airshow that included the display of the Air Combat Command's F-16 Viper Demo Team.
Piloted by Maj. John "Rain" Waters, an operational F-16 pilot assigned to the 20th Operations Group, Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina and the United States Air Force F-16 Viper Demonstration Team commander, the F-16 performs an aerobatic display whose aim is to demonstrate demonstrate the unique capabilities by one of the Air Force's premier multi-role fighters, the F-16 Fighting Falcon, better known as "Viper" in the pilot community.
The F-16 Viper Demo always starts with a take-off followed by a low, high-g turn. The maneuver was filmed from a privileged position (the slow motion effect contributes to the stunning results):
Below you can find another clip that shows the same maneuver:
This article originally appeared on The Aviationist. Follow @theaviationist on Twitter.
- The Aviationist » Here's South Korea's First F-35A Lightning II ... ›
- The Aviationist » Videos Show Malfunctioning Saudi Patriot Missile ... ›
- The Aviationist » Everything We Know (And No One Has Said So ... ›
- The Aviationist » Watch A C-5 Galaxy Perform A “Short Take Off ... ›
- The Aviationist » Look Ma, No Hook: how a C-130 Hercules ... ›