These Army Drill Sergeants make Vine videos for a behind-the-scenes look at basic training
1. This is what they’re thinking when recruits arrive.
2. They encourage you to move with a sense of purpose.
3. This guy better pick that up.
4. Recruits get to know the whistle.
5. And the push-up.
6. Discipline is important.
7. It’s funny because it’s true.
8. And you thought your job was stressful.
9. The most epic selfie video ever.
10. Fix your headgear.
11. In case you wondered how the barracks got tossed.
12. Drill Sergeants are funny.
13. This platoon didn’t learn the first time.
14. Being British in the U.S. Army…
15. When the rope is the most insurmountable obstacle.
16. He wasn’t the only one.
17. Spoiler alert, he didn’t make it either.
18. This is what a platoon in the gas chamber sounds like.
19. The same platoon coming out of the chamber.
20. In case there’s a civilian wondering what getting smoked in the barracks looks like…
21. That’s a long way down.
22. In his defense, it looks way different on the commercials.
27. That time you got two tanks stuck in the mud.
28. This is why you join the Army.
29. Nothing beats being qualified to drive a tank during Basic Training.
30. Also, qualifying to fire a tank.
31. The Drill Sergeants also Vine their pranks.
33. The only flowchart that ever mattered.
34. The Drill Sergeants also document graduation day.
35. It gives a good taste of what to expect in Army Basic Training.
36. That doesn’t mean the fun stops.
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!