The 13 funniest military memes of the week
It’s Tax Day, so don’t forget to file and/or pay. You know what’s not taxing? Military memes. Now that you’re probably broke, here’s a few you can enjoy for free.
1. Tax Day is the day the government makes sure military members pay their fair share of their own salaries. (via The Salty Soldier)
2. Even death isn’t an escape. (via Decelerate Your Life)
3. To be fair, you can’t fit the Air Force salad bar in a 2002 Civic. (via Pop Smoke)
4. She’s a harsh mistress. (via Air Force Memes & Humor)
4. I always said the Air Force doesn’t get enough safety briefings. (via Air Force Nation)
5. I give this guy 4 out of 5 Hurt Lockers. (via Marine Corps Memes)
6. The Navy is acting like a bunch of sailors lately. (via The Reactor is Critical)
7. How did she know it was a Coastie? (There are military members who’ve never seen an actual Coast Guardsman.)
8. Accurate. (via Air Force Nation)
9. Nothing says freedom like that cat’s face. (via The Salty Soldier)
10. Jody keeps getting younger. (via Sh-t my LPO says)
11. I honestly never know if I should feel guilty or proud when answering this question.
12. Nothing’s worse than the gas station cashier who tells you all about how he “woulda joined, but…”
13. Logan Nye will be back to the memes rundown next week. He was busy this week.
How North Korean special operators plan to invade the South via paragliders
North Korean special operators may be planning to paraglide into South Korea in an attack the country simulated in mid-September, according to South Korea.
This Halloween-themed bomb was as dumb as it sounds
Still a few years out from the Manhattan Project being completed, a dentist / mad scientist came up with a disastrous and inhumane plan — the "bat bomb."
These are the contenders flying off to replace the A-10
Four planes are flying off for the chance to try to replace the beloved A-10 Thunderbolt. Here's how they hold up.
This was a major problem with the South Vietnamese army
"Be glad to trade you some ARVN rifles. Ain't never been fired and only dropped once." — Cowboy from "Full Metal Jacket."
9 reasons why you should have joined the Army instead
The only down side is knowing that when you get out, you will never be as cool as you were when you were doing "Hooah things" with your boys.
7 things all troops should know before becoming a sniper
With Hollywood tapping into the sniper lifestyle with films like "American Sniper," many young troops get a misconception what it's like to be one.
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he pleaded guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.