It’s a game for the ages -- matching pictures with various, obscure descriptions, and finding the combination that works best. In other words, making memes. It’s a card game that brings in the new-age trend of memes -- a win-win classic, right?
Here’s how it works: a wordless meme (AKA a picture) is shown to all players. Then participating cardholders choose a description that best suits the image. Choosing from cards in their hand, each player puts forth a description, completing the meme. With each image, a choosing player decides which combo works best. And voila! Making memes, making memories.
Friend and family fun all in one. Better still is that the game can be adjusted to various audiences. Choose expansion packages based on a theme or age levels of players. There are cards that are safe for the whole family, then there are those that are more R-rated and better for all adult players. Pick and choose the expansions that work best for your preferences and players.
The game costs $30 for the original set, with upgrades available at $13 a pop, or custom cards for $20 per order.
A What Do you Meme military expansion?
Unfortunately, no, there’s not yet an all military expansion that can be purchased. However, there are hidden gems that include military mentions throughout. Find these Easter eggs as you play, including those we missed!
- Kim Jong-Un -- he’s a meme! Choose your situation -- and meme description -- wisely, folks.
- American politicians galore -- love them or hate them, they’re included in the game. Feel free to take your feelings out via your worst description card.
- Situational cards; after your fresh PCS, for instance: “When you’re about to go out but realize you have no money, no plans, and no friends.” #beenthere
- Throwbacks to WWII and how a microwave might sound like the US dropping mad bombs on the Germans, but in fact said microwave is useless for reheating food.
- NSFW references to Vietnam as a timeframe for your last date.
- Hillary Clinton, let the controversy begin on both sides of the gate. Either way, she’s in the game.
- Mentions of barrack life, deployment living, and more.
- Create your own! Can’t find what you’re looking for? Have some great jokes about subordinates staying in their own lane? What about PT jokes? Making fun of your officers? Poking fun at new regulations? Good news! All of this and more can be released into the wild -- that is, your own expansion pack -- via the custom creation option. For $20 plus shipping, you can create 15 of your very own meme + description cards. Get to writing folks, it’s about to get epically wild, military style.
Card games in action
If you’re looking for a fun way to pass the time, What do You Meme can bring some hilarity to your weekend plans. Adapt the game for your age group and audience for a customizable way to laugh and pass the time. It also includes military references for the soldier situations we all know and love (and wish to forget).
Have you played? Tell us your favorite match-up below.
Read more on WATM: