Catching up with triple amputee Bryan Anderson
Bryan Anderson is an Iraq War veteran turned model, actor, motivational speaker, book author, and more. He achieved all of these noteworthy accomplishments while dealing with life as a triple amputee.
Bryan enlisted in the Army in early 2001 and shipped out to his duty station on September 11, 2001. He served two tours in Iraq as an MP (Military Police) Sergeant before being injured by an IED that resulted in the loss of both legs and his left hand. He was awarded a Purple Heart and spent over a year rehabilitating at Walter Reed Hospital.
Bryan's story has received extensive media coverage including features in Esquire Magazine and articles in major publications, such as LA Times, New York Times, and Chicago Sun. He appeared in the HBO documentary, Alive Day Memories: Home from Iraq with the late James Gandolfini, CSI: NY, The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke, and American Sniper with Bradley Cooper.
As you'll hear in this special edition of the WATM podcast, Bryan's energy is contagious.
- Logan Nye: Army veteran and WATM Associate Editor
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and WATM Managing Editor
- Tracy Woodward: Benevolent smartass and Social Media coordinator
- Orvelin Valle (AKA O.V.): Navy veteran and WATM Social Media Editor
Selected links and show notes from the episode
• [00:00] Bryan Anderson website
• [02:05] Quantum Rehab
• [05:17] iLevel Power Chairs
• [07:25] Bryan Style
• [07:40] Bryan Anderson YouTube channel
• [22:10] Fort Hood is the black hole of the Army: The 7 funniest Yelp reviews for military bases
• [25:30] Bryan Anderson's film career
• [31:50] Meeting Gary Sinise and working for his foundation
• [37:45] Gary Sinise Foundation
• [40:20] Building houses for fellow vets with Gary Sinise
Music license by Jingle Punks
- Looking In-JP
- Heavy Drivers