From foreign ports to polar explorations, life at sea is an adventure.
Out of all the service branches, the Navy requires the most traveling from its troops. Life at sea is anything but boring and the foreign port visits with your best friends are worth the long stretches of isolation.
Here are 27 amazing photos of life at sea:
1. Sailors conduct a swim call.
2. USS Green Bay conducts amphibious operations.
3. USS Germantown conducts an amphibious assault exercise.
4.USS Ross conducts a replenishment-at-sea with USNS Leroy Grumman.
5. A Sea Hawk helicopter flies off the coast of Kauai.
6. Divers participate in an International Mine Countermeasures Exercise.
7. Navy ships anchored in the waters of Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.
8. An Uumanned underwater vehicle searches for mines.
9. A Royal Australian Navy ship pulls into the port of Dili to drop off members of Pacific Partnership.
10. Divers return to USS Anchorage during Exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC).
11. An X-47B unmanned aerial vehicle sits on an aircraft elevator.
12. USS Iwo Jima holds a swim call.
13. Jets fly in formation during an air power demonstration.
14. A Sailor prepares for a live-fire exercise.
15. USS Cape St. George transits Pearl Harbor.
16. USS Peleliu conducts a swim call.
17. An Amphibious vessel delivers supplies during humanitarian assistance effort.
18. The USS Georgia prepares to moor in Diego Garcia.
19. Sailors run on the flight deck of USS George H.W. Bush.
20. The USS Connecticut surfaces through the ice during an exercise.
21. Military and civilian personnel participate in Pacific Partnership 2011.
22. USS John C. Stennis conducts helicopter operations.
23. Navy divers recover the Orion crew module.
24. Sailors conduct morning colors aboard the USS Monterey.
25. Basic Underwater Demolition (BUD/S) candidates participate in Surf Passage.
26. A cruiser in the Arabian Gulf.
27. USS Mitscher (DDG 57) lights up its mast during night deck landing qualifications.