WATCH: 10 military habits to change your life
Goal setting is the easy part. Reaching your goals is significantly harder. One of the best ways to achieve in life is to set a routine and stick to it. Military life has a way of creating a routine for you, whether you like it or not. This checklist will help you stay on track. Here are 10 military habits to change your life:
1. Wake up at five in the morning to allow yourself to get more things done than most others who are still asleep.
2. When you wake up, make your bed right away. It will provide a sense of accomplishment and pride that can motivate you to complete other tasks throughout the day.
3. Take cold showers to give yourself a boost of alertness and focus. Cold showers also prevent inflammation in joints and muscles.
4. Maintain good hygiene to protect yourself from diseases and boost your confidence.
5. Go for morning runs to boost your energy and mood for the day.
6. Do things that make you uncomfortable consistently. This trains you to be tougher mentally and a better, more versatile version of yourself.
7. Make checklists and protocols. Checklists keep you organized and methodical so you can be as efficient and productive as possible. Protocols allow you to quickly and effectively manage complex situations.
8. Pre-plan your days, as this is another way to boost your productivity.
9. Utilize reverse planning. This means you figure out your goal and then identify the steps backward, from the final step to the first. This method can eliminate unnecessary steps along the way.
10. Finally, never give up. By persevering until you achieve your goals, you develop mental toughness and stamina.
Find out more about today’s military when you check out what’s new on our homepage.