Seventy-five years ago yesterday, troops crossed the English Channel and disembarked onto the shores of Normandy to send the Nazis scum back to where they came from. Countless American, British, and Canadian lives were lost within moments of landing and many more died to secure the beach. It was a feat few higher-up believed would work, but they did the impossible.
This week, many troops gathered on this hallowed ground to pay respects to those lost and ceremonies were held in their honor. They were beautiful and heart-warming, seeing the younger troops helping the older WWII vets.
Now, logically speaking, all of the troops and veterans should still be in the area before going back to their respective bases or homes. I'm just saying, the ceremonies were fantastic. But veterans never change, and the WWII vets could still probably out-drink most of us. If you're a young soldier in the area, buy the older gents a beer. They deserve it!
The ceremonies may have one, more polite, version of how it went down. Get them a round, and you'll learn that the fire in them is still burning seventy-five years later.
Enjoy this week's memes.
1. "Well, you see, sergeant... What had happened was..."
(Meme via Infantry Follow Me)
2. The only joy ever felt at any motor pool is the moment when an E-4 calls the gut truck to distract the NCOs from working.
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
3. For many troops, the invasion of Normandy was their first moment in combat as it marked the official beginning to America's entry into WWII. Talk about one hell of a first day.
(Meme via Smokepit Fairytales)
4. Protip: Never mention you have extra cigarettes, dip, or POGgie bait. Your good will won't last forever.
(Meme via Team Non-Rec)
5. Just watch out. That "only a few more years" will soon turn into "I'm halfway there already" when you hit your ten year mark.
(Meme via Not CID)
6. No one has ever genuinely laughed at any of the sh*tty jokes the incoming commander has ever said. Ever.
(Meme via Disgruntled Decks)
7. Coincidentally, it's also the easiest way to find out who got an ASVAB waiver.
(Meme via The Army's Fckups)
8. "15 minutes prior is for chumps! It's fine if I get there by formation!" - said every 8 year E-4 ever.
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
9. "Looks like you might be in quite a bit of pain. You should take some Ibuprofin about that."
(Meme via Disgruntled Vets)
10. This is also your look when the platoon sergeant asks "who the f*ck is it that smells like a brewery?"
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
11. "America used napalm. It was super effective."
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
12. Meanwhile, the Marines are using duct tape, string, and their imagination to conduct room clearing drills.
(Meme via Air Force Nation & Humor)
13. Bonus points if they're also the smallest person in the platoon.
(Meme via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 3rd - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 10th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 17th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 24th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 31st - We Are ... ›