15 GIFs that sum up your military experience
1. This military thing seems like an interesting idea.
2. Mom and dad: I’ve decided. I’m joining the military to serve this great nation.
3. I can’t wait to get to basic training and finally achieve my dream.
4. Oh no. These people are yelling at me and making me do push-ups.
5. I graduated and I’m in the best shape of my life!
6. Guaranteed pay on the 1st and the 15th, baby!
7. Good thing all of my medical needs are taken care of.
8. And I get to serve with some of the best and most dedicated people in the world.
9. Although there’s a lot less cool stuff like this …
10. … and way more than I expected of this:
11. At least there is some time for fun.
12. Those briefs from the 1st Sgt., Sgt. Maj., or the Chief aren’t all that interesting. If I hear “behoove” one more time …
13. Well, I’ve done my time. It’s time to get out of the military and do something else.
14. Just got my DD-214 and so happy to move on …
15. … But I’ll always be proud of my experience.
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.