It’s time, America. It’s time.
Summer’s officially here, the BBQ is hot, the beer is cold, and it’s time to party. Old Glory is still soaring from when we honored Memorial Day, but now we have a holiday where the only requirement is to celebrate.
It’s the 4th of July.
If you’re gonna have an epic party, you need an epic playlist. These tunes will light some fireworks in your soul. Enjoy.
9. Team America World Police — “America F*#k Yeah!”I LOVE THIS SONG EVERY TIME I HEAR IT.
8. Tom Petty — “American Girl”A good party playlist should rise and fall. Tom Petty and his ode to the American Girl can keep things calm for a few.
7. Bruce Springsteen — “Born in the USA”This is a classic and cannot be omitted. Let it happen.
6. Lenny Kravitz — “American Woman”This makes every woman, including yours truly, want to lose some layers and show off her moves. You’re welcome.
5. Iced Earth “Declaration Day”Sometimes you just need to say it with metal: “Freedom is not free.”
4. Katy Perry — “Firework”This song is catchy as hell and you know it.
3. Brad Paisley — “American Saturday Night”You had me at French kissing and a cooler of cold Coronas.
2. Metallica — “Don’t Tread on Me”Metallica knows how to make some epic tunes, but they’re also great about supporting the troops. Easy add to the list.
1. Whitney Houston “The Star-Spangled Banner”Not only was Houston’s voice absolute perfection, when she recorded this song, she donated the proceeds of the single to benefit the veterans of the Persian Gulf War. After the terrorist attacks of 9/11, she re-released it, this time donating her profits to the firefighters and victims of the attacks.
For those of you who are out there continuing to fight for the freedoms we cherish, you have our gratitude. Stay safe.
Check out the full list here, and Happy 4th of July, you freedom lover, you.