21 photos of US military legends with their hands in their pockets
There's one rule that every branch knows of: keep your hands out of your pockets while you're in uniform.
And yet, here we are. Every branch of the military's historical leadership has been caught on camera casually chilling with their hands in their pockets.
The dumbest military rules www.youtube.com
Makes one wonder when putting your hands in your pockets became unprofessional...
1. General Curtis LeMay
I don't think the guy who firebombed Tokyo cares much about rules like that.
2. General of the Armies John J. "Black Jack" Pershing
Someone tell the General of the Armies he looks unprofessional.
3. Major General Carl Spaatz
That guy down the street is just a taken aback by this as anyone else.
4. Supreme Allied Commander General Dwight D. Eisenhower
It's D-Day, let him have this one.
5. Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
It actually really was that cold in North Korea.
6. Lieutenant Colonel James "Jimmy" Stewart
Mr. Stewart went to Germany. And bombed it.
7. Supreme Allied Commander General Dwight D. Eisenhower...Again.
Patton just brought gloves. Like it says IN THE REGS, IKE.
8. Chesty Puller again.
C'mon now, that's jungle. No way is it cold.
9. And again.
Welp. Chesty does what he wants.
10. General Martin Dempsey
Dempsey back on the block. Apparently.
11. Supreme Allied Commander General Dwight D. Eisenhower needs hand warmers.
If that were anyone else, Patton probably would be losing his mind.
12. Sergeant Elvis Presley
King of Rock n' Roll outranks Army Sergeant. Sorry.
13. General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
I think MacArthur earned this one.
14. Brigadier General Chesty Puller
We get it, Chesty. You do what you want. Fine.
15. Brigadier General Richard Clarke
Good thing he's not a Marine, I guess.
16. Rear Admiral John L. Hall.
Patton is just trying not to look right at it.
17. Lieutenant Audie Murphy.
Europe was pretty cold in 1944. Everyone else was fine, but Lt. Murphy is special.
18. General Billy Mitchell
The Father of the Air Force knows best.
19. General Raymond Odierno
Must be super cold there, sir.
20. Chesty Puller does what he wants.
But we'd better see your hands, guy behind Chesty.
21. Major General Smedley Butler
Two Medals of Honor, two hands in his pockets, zero f*cks.