9 examples of the military's dark humor
It’s not unusual for troops to have a nonchalant or comical attitude about the worst of humanity. Sometimes comedy is all they have to make it through hardships that are unimaginable to most, and those who have deployed to remote locations and hot zones know this all too well.
It’s a mechanism to keep their sanity in the midst of snipers, ambushes, and IEDs, according to an article in Esquire. Sometimes the worse a situation gets, the more they laugh. One thing is for sure, troops go to comical heights to cope with the hand they’re dealt.
Here are nine examples of dark humor in the military:
1. Missing the “Valley of Death”: A scene from Korengal
2. Marine uses megaphone to call out insurgents. (live leak videos may not appear on all devices)
3. “Shoot him.”
4. Wait for the flash.
5. Getting shot at by single shot Freddy.
6. Troops pretending to be insurgents. (live leak videos may not appear on all devices)
7. Here’s how EOD technicians prank each other.
8. Robots driving an APC.
9. This bored Marine wants to play with insurgents.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles