There’s one rule that every branch knows of: keep your hands out of your pockets while you’re in uniform.
And yet, here we are. Every branch of the military’s historical leadership has been caught on camera casually chilling with their hands in their pockets.
Makes one wonder when putting your hands in your pockets became unprofessional…
1. General Curtis LeMay
2. General of the Armies John J. “Black Jack” Pershing
3. Major General Carl Spaatz
4. Supreme Allied Commander General Dwight D. Eisenhower
5. Lieutenant General Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller
6. Lieutenant Colonel James “Jimmy” Stewart
7. Supreme Allied Commander General Dwight D. Eisenhower…Again.
8. Chesty Puller again.
9. And again.
10. General Martin Dempsey
11. Supreme Allied Commander General Dwight D. Eisenhower needs hand warmers.
12. Sergeant Elvis Presley
13. General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
14. Brigadier General Chesty Puller
15. Brigadier General Richard Clarke
16. Rear Admiral John L. Hall.
17. Lieutenant Audie Murphy.
18. General Billy Mitchell
19. General Raymond Odierno
20. Chesty Puller does what he wants.
21. Major General Smedley Butler