The 13 funniest military memes for the week of August 9th
There's no other way to put it. This week was full of horrific events and terrible news.
Yet, in the midst of all the bad that happened this week, there were some rays of goodness. Because that's what memes are supposed to be about - making a joke and putting a smile on someone's face after a sh*tty day.
As the saying of the Army's short-lived resiliency training that my chaplain really awkwardly tried to make a thing goes: Let's hunt the good stuff.
There are many children still here today because of the quick-thinking PFC Glendon Oakley. An all-veteran A Cappella group called Voices of Service performed a breathtaking rendition of See You Again on America's Got Talent and made it to the live rounds. Across the country, many unclaimed veterans - deceased veterans without contactable next of kin - are having their brothers and sisters-in-arms attend their funerals.
The world's too full of fighting and bickering over mundane BS. I'll let someone else tell you that everything is on fire, but I say we just take a breather and remember that there is still some good in the world. Anyways, here are some memes.
1. Who says romance is dead?
(Meme via The Army's Fckups)
2. Just know that the only thing standing between your spouse and her referring to the commander as "his manager" is just a few pay grades...
(Meme via Uninformed Veteran)
3. It's four hours non-consecutively to survive, right?... Right?
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
4. You'd think MEPS would have prepared us for the rest of the weird sh*t that happens during an average military career.
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
5. "But the barracks was that way..."
(Meme via PT Belt Nation)
6. Beavis and Butt-head were every Lance Corporal ever. Prove me wrong.
(Meme via Team Non-Rec)
7. If he's still in the Army, I get it. Weird, but I get it... If he's not on the other hand...
(Meme via Not CID)
8. "Just cleaning the latrine, drill sergeant..."
(Meme by Call for Fire)
9. "You wouldn't BELIEVE how many push-ups they made me do!"
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
10. At least I can always catch you fools on Xbox Live.
(Meme via Lost in the Sauce)
11. Totally worth the eight-month waiting list! Thanks, guys!
(Meme via Disgruntled Vets)
12. Fun fact: Lower enlisted get paid less for their time than the teenager delivering them pizzas in the barracks.
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
13. You're thinking a system that rewards yes-men who're good at taking tests but sh*ts on the dedicated troops who literally break themselves for the unit can just change overnight? Best of luck with that but I may have a few pointers where to start...
(Meme via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 5th - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 12th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 19th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 26th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of August 2nd - We Are ... ›