It appears that the military's very own meme branch is getting its own series on Netflix on May 29. Space Force is set to star Steve Carell and will be helmed by Carell and showrunner of the American version of The Office, Greg Daniels.
In all fairness, they seem to be grasping the concept of the Space Force being a smaller entity within the DoD to protect satellites and how monotonous it will get after awhile fairly spot on. So basically, it's The Office. In space... Office Space? Wait, no. That name's taken…
This is awesome news for anyone else sick of hearing about Tiger King. I've never seen that show but through meme-mitosis, I can assume it's about what happens in the surrounding areas of a military base. I may be desperate for entertainment, but I'm not desperate enough to see what the people at the Wal-Mart outside of Fort Sill would do with a tiger. And hopefully Space Force delivers on that.
Anyways, here are your memes for the week:
1. Little do the folks back home know, most of any enlisted troops’ time in the military is spent cleaning, being yelled at for not cleaning and trying to find ways to get out of cleaning. And occasionally something cool.
2. Hey. Sometimes you gotta take advantage of the only time you can walk into a bank with a full mask on and no one freaks out.
3. So… It’s just like any given payday weekend?
4. “That’s a bold move, Cotton. We’ll see how that plays out for them…”
5. I still haven’t seen the show. I just know that everyone hates Carol Baskin (I think?) and she’s an MP. So that tracks.
6. The secret to a successful night op is Rip-Its, nicotine, and an eardrum-shattering amount of Pantera.
7. There are good staff officers out there. There are even out-f*cking-standing ones too. But we all know that the ones that get in command are the same Blue Falcons that’d sell you out for a slightly nicer OER bullet.
8. “I have a certain set of skills I’ve acquired after a lengthy career. Skills that make me an expert at sitting on my ass and pretending to be productive…”
9. I mean. At this point, it couldn’t be any worse?
10. Sometimes, I wonder if my old M4 thinks about me like I think about her…
11. “But, but, but, they said E-1 and above approved!”
12. Wearing digi-cam patterned face masks? Hell no. Wearing the Skull mask I bought in Afghanistan so I’d look like Ghost from Call of Duty? Hell yeah!
13. “They said it was important to the Chair Force.”
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of April 19th - Americas ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 15th ... ›
- These are the 43 best COVID-19 memes for the week of March 27 ... ›
- These are the 50 best COVID-19 memes for the week of April 6 ... ›
- These are the 62 best COVID-19 memes on the internet - Americas ... ›