RNC vs. DNC on veteran issues (podcast)
In this #DefendYourVote bonus episode of the WATM podcast, we catch up with our editor-in-chief Ward Carroll live from the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Ward also covered the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio, and so we asked him to compare and contrast the two.
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and managing editor
Selected links and show notes from the episode:
- [01:00] The veteran atmosphere at the DNC.
- [02:30] Veteran forums at the DNC and RNC.
- [03:20] The RNC focus on Hillary Clinton's emails and Benghazi and what it means to veterans.
- [04:20] Veteran issues at the DNC.
- [05:20] Veteran panels at the DMC and RNC.
- [08:50] Privatizing the VA.
- [10:40] DNC panel about veteran employment with Todd Conner from Bunker Labs, Blayne Smith from Team RWB and others.
- [13:50] Representation of veterans organizations at the DNC.
- [14:30] Veteran group agendas at the DNC.
- [16:40] The perception of the military community at the RNC and DNC.
- [18:25] Veteran representation at the 2016 conventions versus the Vietnam era conventions.
- This DNC delegate joined the Army after spending 22 years as a state lawmaker
- RNC goes vet heavy for its 'Make America Safe Again' theme
- Here are 5 things vets can do to make sure the American public gets it right
- Here's what Trump and his allies are saying about military issues at the GOP 2016 convention
- Here are 10 wars that could break out in the next four years
Music licensed by Jingle Punks:
- Yankee Doodle Rock Instr-JP
- Heavy Drivers-JP