With the conflicts in the Middle East and America's tumultuous relationships with Russia and China, it's not hard to imagine the final chapter in the World War trilogy. While fighting a conflict on the World War scale won't be fun, there's sure to be plenty of fireworks. Luckily, America and NATO-affiliated countries have prepared for such a scenario.
In this episode of the We Are The Mighty podcast, we discuss which American forces will be the first on the scene when World War III erupts.
- Logan Nye: Army veteran and associate editor
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and managing editor
- Tracy Woodward: Benevolent smartass and Social Media coordinator
- Orvelin Valle (AKA O.V.): Navy veteran and Podcast Producer
Selected links and show notes from the episode:
- These American unites will be first on the scene if World War III erupts
- [01:55] OPSEC disclaimer: The information in this podcast is NOT secret.
- [03:55] Establishing air superiority.
- [09:45] The F-35's role in World War III.
- [11:25] The U.S. Navy's role.
- [20:00] The U.S. Marines role.
- [21:50] Logan's LCAC story.
- [23:00] How Marines make due.
- [25:25] Navy hospital ships.
- [26:25] The U.S. Army's role.
- [30:25] The special ops role.
- [31:20] What about ISIS and other terrorist groups during World War III?
- [32:50] Countries that could possibly be involved in World War III.
Music licensed by Jingle Punks:
- Let's Get Saxy
- Goal Line