‘Terminal Lance’ creator talks about the Marine Corps and the future of his comic
Max leads a busy life these days. He just published his much anticipated graphic novel "The White Donkey," he's working on building an animation studio, and he continues to publish his wildly popular comic strip.
This episode delves into the origins of the Terminal Lance universe, Max's film aspirations, and his reasons for getting serious in the "White Donkey."
As usual, the show is hosted by:
- Logan Nye: Army veteran and WATM Associate Editor
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and WATM Managing Editor
- Orvelin Valle (AKA O.V.): Navy veteran and WATM Social Media Editor
Selected links and show notes from the episode
• Terminal Lance website
• [00:40 ] Rip it energy fuel
• [01:10] "The White Donkey" graphic novel
• [02:30] Kickstarter
• [06:00] Terminal Lance comic strip origins
• [09:00] Veteran revolution on Social Media
• [11:40] Meme War with Untied Status Marin Crops
• [14:20] WATM interview with Max regarding "The White Donkey"
• [15:40] Max's inspiration for Terminal Lance, Penny Arcade
• [17:30] Max's film aspirations
• [18:00] World War II propaganda cartoons made by Walt Disney. See them on The Best Film Archives channel on YouTube.
• [21:00] Max on American Sniper film
• [23:50] Dealing with politics on social media
• [26:30] Caitlyn Jenner comic strip
• [28:00] The future of Terminal Lance
• [29:45] Planning and writing the Terminal Lance comic strips
• [32:00] Max's artistic origins
• [36:25] Max's favorite movies
• [41:10] Scary superiors in the military
• [48:55] Shiney Things - Max's comic strip about Marines saluting anything that shines
• [50:45] Moving to Los Angeles
• [52:10] Max's goal behind "The White Donkey"
Music license by Jingle Punks
- Drum Keys 001-JP
- Heavy Drivers