The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Jun. 10
It’s raining military memes up in here (13 of them, to be exact):
1. That soldier’s face, though:
(via Devil Dog Nation)
2. Hey, if the purple heart-wearing, Ranger infantry K9 wants to count her deployments in dog years, we recommend you count along (via Military Memes).
3. See, even the Joker enjoys mandatory fun day (via The Salty Soldier).
4. That is one disciplined corgi (via Sh-t my LPO says).
5. “You forgot your ID card? Hmmm, how can we turn one letter of reprimand into two?”
(via Air Force Nation)
6. She’s apparently grabbing her diploma on her way to the C-17 to deploy (via Pop Smoke).
7. “We swept the whole place out yesterday chief.”
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
8. Don’t head to the chow hall until you get that beard shaved off (via Military Memes).
9. “Wait. Do other colleges exist?”
(via Air Force Memes & Humor)
10. The only way the grass will spread and grow is if troops stop walking on it.”
(via The Salty Soldier)
11. Corpsman porn is exactly what you expect (via Team Non-Rec).
12. “Why yes, I am in the Coast Guard. Why do you ask?”
(via Coast Guard Memes)
13. Sometimes, it’s possible to “Airborne!” too hard (via Do You Even Airborne, Bro?).
These are the military traditions for deployed troops celebrating Thanksgiving
While you're deployed, weekends aren't really a thing — neither are most holidays. Thanksgiving, however, is a moment when the military slows down.
Forget multitasking, this Navy squadron has only one mission — rescue people
The Navy has an entire squadron for search and rescue, and it is the only squadron in the Navy that has an advance life-support helicopter platform.
How the Coast Guard intercepts half a million pounds of cocaine
For the last couple decades, the Coast Guard has pushed out further, taking more aggressive stabs at the flow of drugs that make their way into the U.S.
More remains of Special Forces soldier found in Niger
The Department of Defense announced that military investigators found additional remains that they have positively ID'd as Sgt. La David T. Johnson.
'Butcher of of Bosnia' sentenced to life in prison for genocide
"The Butcher of Bosnia" was handed a life sentence on November 22nd, 2017, for war crimes and the slaughter of 8,000 men and young children.
New engravings on the USMC War Memorial honor Iraq and Afghanistan Marines
On Nov. 22, the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial was updated to include Afghanistan and Iraq in the list of campaigns that runs along the memorial's base.
ISIS may focus on a virtual caliphate after losing real-world war
As the Islamic State loses the in real life war they've waged against the world, they've moved their game online- waging war in the virtual world.
Everything you need to know about Zimbabwe's ousted dictator
The dictator of Zimbabwe announced his resignation on Nov. 21, 2017 after the county's army took of the capital and family, forcing the resignation.
Watch this Marine get pinned by his 3-year-old son
Watch this adorable little boy steal into the hearts of all the Marines and civilians present as he promotes his dad and pins on his promoted rank.