The 13 funniest military memes of the week
It’s the typical Friday schedule: Memes, then shamming, then safety/Libo brief. Just don’t let anyone task you for weekend duty.
1. “Don’t say hanging out in the barracks, don’t say hanging out in the barracks …”
(via Air Force Memes and Humor.)
2. For the Air Force, just finding the gym is worth 50 PFT points (via Air Force Nation).
3. D-mnit, Schmuckatelli. You’re not really supposed to answer that (via Team Non-Rec).
4. The Army was trying to help you …
(via Team Non-Rec.)
5. When you absolutely, positively need chief to know you’re out of uniform:
(via Sh-t my LPO says).
6. Not everyone can be a high-speed, low-drag, turbojet-driven airframe (via Air Force Nation).
7. “You can’t dismiss my Scottish heritage like this, staff sergeant.”
(via F’N Boot.)
8. Never go full Hooah! in a job interview (via Grunt Style).
9. The Navy calls this “The Coast Guard cuddle.”
(via Sh-t my LPO says.)
10. “Never leave a Marine behind …!”
(via Marine Corps Memes.)
11. He’s just trying to keep his boots clean for inspection, chief (via Sh-t my LPO says).
12. Camouflage + PT Belts = Victory
(via Team Non-Rec.)
13. You will never be first because the warrant officers start leaving before the Libo brief starts (via Team Non-Rec).
This Halloween-themed bomb was as dumb as it sounds
Still a few years out from the Manhattan Project being completed, a dentist / mad scientist came up with a disastrous and inhumane plan — the "bat bomb."
These are the contenders flying off to replace the A-10
Four planes are flying off for the chance to try to replace the beloved A-10 Thunderbolt. Here's how they hold up.
This was a major problem with the South Vietnamese army
"Be glad to trade you some ARVN rifles. Ain't never been fired and only dropped once." — Cowboy from "Full Metal Jacket."
9 reasons why you should have joined the Army instead
The only down side is knowing that when you get out, you will never be as cool as you were when you were doing "Hooah things" with your boys.
7 things all troops should know before becoming a sniper
With Hollywood tapping into the sniper lifestyle with films like "American Sniper," many young troops get a misconception what it's like to be one.
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he plead guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.
10 craptastic Halloween costumes completely out of regulations
It's that time of year again! Halloween parties are being planned and folks who wouldn't hack it in the real military pick up cheap ass costumes.