Here are 15 things sailors know all too well about shipboard life around Super Bowl Sunday:
1. For the week or so leading up to the game you challenge your buddies to "Madden" every day after work
2. But you can only choose two teams: the ones going to the big game
3. You play in your work center ...
4. ... the galley ...
5. ... and even the hangar bay
6. You create obnoxious over-the-top touchdown celebrations just to get under your buddy's skin
7. And then you find out your duty day is on Super Bowl Sunday
8. So, you ask a buddy to swap your watch
9. He's no dummy; it's not every day you get pizza, wings, and other ship rarities
10. Nothing left but to improvise, so you visit crowded work stations to catch some highlights
11. Maybe you'll have better luck with the Marines
12. You do whatever you can to get closer to the game
13. Super Bowl fever is in the air
14. It's around this time that it hits you that being part of the a color guard might be a good deal -- after all, they get to go to the Super Bowl
15. As it turns out, you can get selected