The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 20
Don’t drink and drive, don’t touch anything that doesn’t want you to, and don’t end up on sergeant major’s rug.
Alright. Tell your first sergeants that you’ve already gotten your safety brief, read these 13 funny military memes, and everyone is released to the barracks.
Editor’s note: The writer is not in your chain of command and has no authority to release you.
1. Never expect anything and you’ll never be let down (via Standby to Standby).
2. “Please stop, please stop, please stop.”
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
3. Now coming to a patrol near you, Military Wrecking Dogs (via Military Memes).
4. Stock photo model isn’t afraid of sergeant major.
5. It’s going to happen. It’s up to you whether you correct people or not (via Air Force Nation).
6. Sounds about right:
(via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
7. It’s about all that level one combatives is good for (via The Salty Soldier).
8. That face belongs to a sailor that has seen some serious stuff (via Sh-t my LPO says).
9. Meanwhile, Coast Guard
toddlers officers are out with their men (via Coast Guard Memes).
10. The courage that propelled him to five Navy Crosses must’ve been in his pockets (via Military Nations).
11. The best Marines are the ones with more deployments than rank (via Marine Corps Memes).
12. Actual Coast Guard training materials, maybe (via Coast Guard Memes).
13. This might be because you rarely get in trouble with a wrench and a jet, but constantly get in trouble with beer and free time:
(via Air Force Nation)
A Vietnam veteran returned a library book after 52 years
A Marine deployed to a recon battalion in Vietnam wanted a perspective on the locals. So he checked a book out from the base library... for half a century.
This musician made a music video with the SEAL who killed bin Laden
Tim Montana is a musician with a “rip-roaring, swamp’rockin’ vibe” — and he’s just getting started. The coolest thing about him? He loves helping vets.
This is what the Army's 'Iron Men of Metz' and Attila the Hun have in common
The Iron Men of Metz did what only Attila the Hun could do some 1,500 years before: capture the heavily fortified city of Metz and force the enemy out.
5 terribly hilarious gifts to scuff up a basic trainee
Why not show that you truly care about your young recruit by also helping their trainers mess with them? Get in on the fun! Be creative.
The MARSOC driving course is not like your typical day at the DMV
These Marines continuously train to keep their skills sharp and take pride in being the best at all ends of the spectrum — including tactical driving.
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.