The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Memes, safety briefs, and release formation. It’s Friday!
1. Got stuck on staff duty this weekend?
(via Ranger Up)
2. Air Force sick call:
(via Military Memes)
3. Sorry about getting this song stuck in your head (via MARS Special Operations Group).
4. Someone doesn’t know the power of the knifehand (via Sh-t my LPO says).
5. It’s not the size of the closet, it’s the work clothes inside.
(via Military Memes)
6. The Army finally named combat gear in honor of noncombat soldiers.
7. “Sweet, I only have to hold it for five more miles.”
(via Marine Corps Memes)
8. Apparently, the uniform is a fashion statement.
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
9. Not the most covert operation, but then you only have to trick the Coast Guard (via Coast Guard Memes).
10. The Air Force is where “glamping” started (via Marine Corps Memes).
11. Not the most convincing acting, but maybe chief won’t look closely (via Air Force Nation).
12. Good luck, buddy (via Air Force Memes & Humor).
13. This is why people join the Air Force:
(via Air Force Nation)
This is the new version of the pup tent
This is not your grandfather's pup tent. Litefighter has developed a complete shelter that troops can carry, weighing in just over four pounds.
This is why Saddam Hussein's fedayeen troops wore Darth Vader helmets
Wondering why Saddam's personal militia wore all-black suits and ski masks in the middle of the desert all year 'round? It was to match their helmets.
Here's how you can see 'Thank You For Your Service' for free
Universal Pictures and AMC Theatres announced that up to 10,000 free movie tickets will be available to U.S. veterans and active-duty service members.
This is SecState's plan to welcome Taliban into Afghan government
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said there is a place for moderate elements of the Taliban in Afghanistan's government if they renounce terrorism.
President Trump opts out of a visit to Korea's DMZ
President Donald Trump is not planning to visit the border between North and South Korea known as the Demilitarized Zone when he visits Asia next month.
This is what John McCain thinks of the VA's Veterans CARE Act proposal
US Senator John McCain today applauded the Department of Veterans Affairs' proposed CARE Act, which bolsters the Veterans Choice Program.
This is the Russian super torpedo that could sink the US Navy
The Russian navy’s decline in major surface combatants and nuclear submarines is balanced by their advances in other areas, like this crazy-fast torpedo.
These are the heroic Marines that respond to plane crashes
The requirements to become a Marine Corps Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Specialist are mental and physical, and the training is intense.
That time a soldier grappled a suicide-bomber and lived
"It was either going to be me or 20 other people back there," Staff Sgt. Jason Fetty realized as he attacked the suicide-bomber moments before the blast.