As service members, we get the opportunity to travel the world, see some amazing places, and witness some over-the-top events. We love to visually document the areas we visit and the unique people we encounter.
While we’re out seeing the world, some of those photos we snap are so well-timed that we end up creating unique, optical illusions within our compositions.
Check out nine military photos that will make you do a double take.
9. A cargo plane looks like it’s about to enjoy a helicopter lunch.
Yum! Yum! (Image from The Indian Express)
8. A fighter pilot mistaking a rooftop for a personal runway?
7. This is either the lightest tank to ever hit the battlefield or these are the strongest men in history.
We hope they used their legs — not their backs — to lift this sucker.
Also Read: 6 times Gunny Hartman was guilty of hazing
6. Some of the tiniest men to ever attempt a swim qualification.
5. The three-footed soldier. Nothing makes you more confused than seeing a man squatting down, washing his third foot.
4. We need an ad blocker for this military pop-up.
3. A low-flying plane? Or has this sucker already landed? You be the judge.
This pilot had to have known that there wasn’t a runway here. He’s not going to make it in Top Gun now.
2. Two conjoined, Siamese Blue Angels
1. One hungry, giant soldier during his feeding time.