17 GIFs that will remind you of your first combat deployment
Deploying to war is an interesting time in a person’s life.
The experience will change how they see the world and they’ll never forget the milestones they encountered.
Check out these GIFs that will remind you of your first combat deployment:
1. That feeling you got when your unit was informed they’re going on a year long deployment
2. That patriotic moment when you boarded the bus to leave and looked back at your family
3. How awesome it felt to gear up for that first patrol
4. That time when your squad left the wire and were ready to f*ck sh*t up
5. When you got bummed out because the enemy didn’t shoot at you
6. When you have that first nightmare because you actually took the Doxycycline
7. How you initially reacted the first time you heard a massive explosion
8. That special moment when you finally got to engage the enemy
9. When your unit received its first care package shipment
10. The first time you tried to call home
11. When the R&R transport was loading up to leave
12. When your motivation finally runs out
13. Your dreams after you stopped taking your Doxycycline
14. When the massive explosions didn’t bother you anymore
15. What you did to someone that jokingly brought up the term “stop loss”
17. When you’re finally told you’re rotating back home after a year deployment
Bonus: When you ate your first home-cooked meal back in the states.
Can you think of any more? Comment below.
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!