13 funniest military memes for the week of Feb. 24
There’s an internet full of military memes, and we’ve proudly sorted through it to find you the best and funniest out there.
1. Timmy, sometimes you have to bring cigarettes for others (via Sh-t my LPO says).
2. To everyone who married a service member, thank you. Really, truly (via Sh-t my LPO says).
3. Watching everyone else go through the obstacle course feels a little like CoD (via Military World).
4. Marines do a lot of “impossible” things. Being miserable while hiking just comes naturally to them.
5. Pretty much any quarterly or annual training feels this way (via Coast Guard Memes).
6. Well, this time you’ll just have to do it right (via The Salty Soldier).
(via Team Non-Rec)
8. Everywhere we go-oooo, there’s a nosy sergeant there (via U.S Army W.T.F! moments).
9. Worst part about complaining in the Army? People interrupting your complaints (via The Salty Soldier).
10. “Are we going to have a good weekend, or not?”
(via Team Non-Rec)
11. “Thank you for thanking me?”
(via The Salty Soldier)
12. D-mn boots. So embarrassing (via Sh-t my LPO says).
13. It’s always a dumb idea (via Coast Guard Memes).
Nigeria will spend a billion dollars to fight Boko Haram
Boko Haram, once one of the most feared groups in Africa, is still a problem. Nigeria, however, has decided they aren't putting up with them anymore.
ISIS may have obtained anti-tank missiles from the CIA
Somehow, ISIS has gotten a hold of weapons purchased by the CIA and Saudi Arabia and dispersed, without permission from either, to allied fighters.
How the Army plans to counter massive drone attacks
The United States military is experiencing more and more drone attacks in combat zones, and they have a plan to start shooting them down faster.
Marines want to swarm enemy defenses with hundreds of small boats
It looks like the Marine Corps is ready to get their own boats instead of borrowing them from the Navy all the time. Is this the end of water taxis?
This bearded Marine brings joy to the Corps
He's making a gear list. He's checking it twice. Gonna find out who's boot or grunt. Gunny Clause is coming on base. So stand at ease, kiddos.
This new device helps amputees manage phantom limb pain
Amira Idris designed a device helps amputees experiencing the phenomenon known as phantom limb pain (PLP) — and now she's giving the device to vets.
5 stories you may have missed for the week of December 16th
With everything going on in the world, it's difficult to keep track of every story that pops up. Check the stories you may have missed this week.
This is why the U.S.military uses 5.56mm ammo instead of 7.62mm
A common debate among gun enthusiasts revolves around why the U.S. chose to implement the 5.56mm N.A.T.O. round into service instead of the 7.62mm.
Combat Flip Flops are all about freedom — and not just for your feet
Buy a comfy pair of flip flops — put Afghanistan to work. Buy your lady a sarong — put an Afghan girl through school. This is global democracy, step two.