The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Jun. 17
We know that most of you are just here to steal memes for your arsenal. That’s fine. We’re doing the same thing when we go to the pages linked in blue above each meme.
If you don’t already, though, click on the links and show those page admins some love. They and their audiences are the hard workers who keep the meme currency flowing.
1. You could just get a job backpacking (via Pop Smoke).
2. Energy drinks win wars. That’s a fact (via Air Force Nation).
3. “But, first sergeant said we should personalize our desks.”
(via Air Force Memes & Humor)
4. When you get the counseling statement that you’re falling a little short in some areas:
(via Air Force Memes & Humor)
5. 10 bucks says people were finding excuses to go into the room (via Pop Smoke).
6. “And now we’re headed to berthing where we’ll be conducting nap time.”
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
7. Actual image shared on an Air Force Facebook page (via We Are The Mighty).
8. Remember to paint your face, Homer. Your jaundice makes you easy to pick out (via The Salty Soldier).
9. Combat outposts don’t have regs or Charms candies (via Military Memes).
10. “Don’t know why we need some fancy, new-fangled CD players in the Navy.”
(via Military Memes)
11. George Washinton was so cool, he wore aviators before aviation was a thing (via Grunt Style)
12. “Sry, chief. Still waiting. The dentists are moving super slow.”
(via Coast Guard Memes)
13. Of course, if it has no ammo, it’s probably not the last one you’ll ever see (via Military Nations)
This is how missing or captured troops get promoted
According to the Department of Defense, prisoners of war and those under missing status continue to be considered for promotion along with their contemporaries.
6 reasons Charleston might be America's most gung-ho military city
From Charles Towne Landing to the Medal of Honor Museum, go grab a pint where George Washington drank and read about the military legacy of South Carolina's Atlantic jewel.
This is how long South Korea thinks it will take to conquer the North
South Korea says they are developing new plans to defend against advancing North Korean threats after a data breach left their outdated plans vulnerable.
This stunning video shows how well 100-year-old ammo works today
While original 1911 pistols surely still function today, turns out so does the ammo from that era.
This could be the Army's next rifle — and it's totally awesome
Textron debuted its newest rifle, the Intermediate Case-Telescoped Carbine, at AUSA. It's lighter and more deadly than the current M4.
16 jokes Germans could die for telling under the Nazi regime
The Nazi Party was well short of a majority when it came to power. So it's easy to believe that not everyone was a big fan of Hitler or his ideas.
These really smart people say bigger is better when it comes to building aircraft carriers
In an effort to reduce its fiscal footprint, the Navy is looking at making smaller ships. But these defense researchers say it's a terrible idea.
Now that ISIS is on the ropes, these guys have turned the guns on each other
Two US allies, which were armed and trained by US forces, have turned their weapons on each other, and there isn't much the US can do about it.
This is the definitive history of the world's most advanced fighter jet
The new F-22A Raptor fighter jet is the most advance fighter jet in the world, and it dominates on every level imaginable.