It was recently reported that, back in October, the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit drank Reykjavík, the capital city of Iceland, dry when they pulled into port. That's not an expression or an over exaggeration. They literally drank every last bit of alcohol in the city over the course of their liberty to the point where the town reportedly had troubles restocking for their own citizens.
The most astounding thing about this entire story is that only one young, dumb lance corporal got in trouble for disorderly conduct — and we can only assume they've since been Ninja Punched into oblivion. But seriously, I have strong reservations about there only being one drunken problem. You mean to tell me that we can't throw a barracks party without the MPs getting involved and an entire MEU got sh*tfaced drunk and only a single idiot did anything wrong?
I'm not saying it's completely impossible — maybe things happened and were simply kept in-house — but if it's really true and everyone was that well-behaved... BZ. Color me impressed.
To all you troops out there that aren't that one Marine in Reykjavík, you've earned yourselves some memes.
1. Unless you've seen your buddy get into a fist fight on penny beer night at Scooters while your squad leader is too busy hitting on a girl who works at the "good" Walmart, can you even say you've been at Sill?
(Meme via Artillery Moments)
2. "I love you, mom, but please stop sending cookies..."
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
3. I've yet to have anyone explain to me why "chasing his ass and feeding him his teeth" is the wrong answer.
(Meme via Do You Even Comm, Bro?)
4. It may sound like an accomplishment, but you're the only one left to clean up before CQ makes their rounds...
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
5. Your doctorate means nothing compared to the needs of the Army.
(Meme via Lost in the Sauce)
6. "Where does it say that I need to spend it on uniforms? In the name? That's some grade-A horsesh*t..."
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
7. It's probably a trap, but it's worth it for a shot at getting out of Fort Irwin!
(Photo via US Army WTF Moments)
8. As if there was any other option...
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
9. Pro tip: Always pull 24-hour duty on a Thursday to get that sweet three-day weekend.
(Meme via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
10. That grid square can't be a problem if there is no grid square.
(Meme by Ranger Up)
11. The recruiter will even bribe YOU with an enlistment bonus to get in!
(Meme via Sh*t My LPO Says)
12. "Wait, you mean to tell me that we're not getting off at 1700?"
(Meme via ASMDSS)
13. You can't even mock a Marine for their intelligence. They'll just respond with, "yeah... and?"
(Meme via Disgruntled Vets)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of February 15th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest memes for the week of February 22nd - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 1st - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 8th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 15th - We Are ... ›