Here’s what happens when an RPG is fired at 16 inches of bulletproof glass
Updated onOct 21, 2020
1 minute read
A video uploaded to YouTube earlier this week purportedly shows what happens when a Russian RPG-7 (rocket-propelled grenade) is fired at 45 sheets of bulletproof glass, me…
A video uploaded to YouTube earlier this week purportedly shows what happens when a Russian RPG-7 (rocket-propelled grenade) is fired at 45 sheets of bulletproof glass, measuring about 16 inches thick.
An RPG is a portable, shoulder-fired, anti-tank weapon system that fires rockets equipped with an explosive warhead.
Here's a side shot of an RPG:
Here's the target: 45 layers of bulletproof glass:
Here we go:
Here's the RPG on its way toward the bulletproof glass:
Here's a GIF of the action:
And here it is in slow motion:
Here's the end result:
Here's the full video:
More from Business Insider:
- We just got the clearest sign yet that Russia doesn't really care about fighting ISIS in Syria
- The 19 most game-changing weapons of the 21st century
- Every surface ship in the Chinese navy, in one chart
- These 3 charts show just how enormous the US Air Force really is
- Cops in North Dakota can now fly weaponized drones
This article originally appeared at Business Insider Defense. Copyright 2015. Follow BI Defense on Twitter.