5 reasons why Luke Skywalker was the perfect boot
As moviegoers flock to their local cinemas to watch the latest installment of Star Wars, it's important to remember that the whole film franchise wouldn't be what it is today without the efforts of a young, highly motivated individual, named Luke Skywalker, who had big dreams, but was stuck in a small town.
The original film follows his dynamic journey from living with his uncle's family to joining the resistance and taking down a dark empire.
It takes a unique character with big aspirations to pull all that off, and it makes us wish Luke was in our squad.
Check out these five reasons why Luke Skywalker makes the perfect boot:
5. He was an orphan and could deploy at any moment, without question or notice.
After learning his adopted family has just been taken out by the Empire, Luke does what any motivated teenager would do — goes to war for some payback.
4. Luke immediately believed everything he was told about the Force
You can get a boot to believe anything if you say it the right way.
3. Luke claimed he's a crack shot, and it turns out he was pretty good.
"I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters." — Luke Skywalker
2. He's a natural pilot and flew into the face of danger.
He managed to dodge all that incoming enemy fire like it was no big deal.
1. Skywalker took down an entire Empire with two rounds on his first deployment.
That's not bad for a freakin' boot.
Now we just have to hope he didn't let all that success go to his head...
F*ck! We think it did:
Can you think of any other reasons Luke would make an excellent boot? Comment below.