Family Readiness Groups are a mainstay in military communities. They keep the masses informed, throw awkward parties in which everyone can meet and they’re a great way to keep everyone in touch, including family members who are not on post.However, if you’ve never been to one of their events — sometimes where the fun is *forced*, you may be in for a surprise. Take a look at these memes that perfectly describe your first go-around with these right-of-passage events.
- Whether you want to or not, you’ll be there
Welcome to the world of being voluntold.
2. When they say it’s not mandatory but it really is
We all know how to read between the lines.
3. When you show up wondering if it’s booze friendly or not
May the odds be ever in your favor.
4. Then you get there and there are no recognizable faces
But what’s your last name? I don’t know faces.
5. When they ask for more helpers
Who’s down to give some time?
6. You might be diving in deep
Welcome to the team.
7. When they get down to the informational portion
Be sure to take notes in pencil.
8. When the meeting is a pop-up and no one told you
It’s been known to happen.
9. Don’t forget to participate in the fundraiser
Buy two, heck, buy three.
10. Because there’s no money
None. Don’t bother looking.
11. Meanwhile, most of the people are like
See you on the flip side, AKA tomorrow at work.