Canceled plans? Been there, done that. Holidays alone? Nothing new. Making friends as an adult? A daily norm. Learning to live with everything in your house broken? It’s a non-issue. These and so many others are daily norms for military spouses — AKA milspos. And what better way than to celebrate in these most loved (or most hated) moments than with a good collection of memes?
Take a look at some of these all-too-real memes that describe perfectly the life of a military spouse.
- The stages of deployment in terms of personal hygiene
Don’t act like you’re shaving your legs while they’re gone.
- When you see your Facebook friends complaining about solo parenting for a day
Cry. Me. A. River.
- When friends and family asks how you are and this is your response
Milspo’s best friend.
- When someone says you “knew what you got yourself into” but it’s not how you remember your vows.
Not that we’d change it, but can’t we still be surprised about the craziness?!
- When most of your milspo friends joined an MLM at some point or another.
Hey, it’s a job that travels!
- When the universe aligns and you meet a new bestie.
The stars don’t always work in your favor, but when they do, it’s magical.
- Life just moves quicker in the military
Whether or not this was you, it’s funny.
- When everyone is freaking about COVID and you’re just like ???
Different day, same lack of control.
- When moves never get easier, you just lower your expectations
What was said on moving day (week, month) doesn’t count.
- Civilians, new military girlfriends, still full of logic and hope
It’s always so sad before their expectations are crushed.
No doubt that 2020 has brought on some of these memes and brought them to life for real — not just as a once funny joke. Luckily the military has given us the tools to deal with quickly changing plans … even if we aren’t happy about it.