The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Back to standard two-day weekends. Oh well. At least Independence Day weekend was fun while it lasted.
1. Really, really fun (via Sh*t My LPO Says).
2. If you want logistics join the Army (via Terminal Lance)
3. Your medicine will be ready when it’s ready … (via Sh*t My LPO Says)
4. Congratulations on your contract (via Sh*t My LPO Says).
5. Budget cuts are taking a toll (via Air Force Memes and Humor)
6. Profiles, chits, doctors’ notes, it’s all shamming.
7. You know that even Unsolved Mysteries couldn’t answer that question, right? (via Team Non-Rec)
8. I want to see these three guys shark attack some young private (via Sh*t My LPO Says).
9. It gets real out there (via Team Non-Rec)
10. Patriotic duty
11. They specialize in anti-oxidation operations and haze grey proliferation.
12. Never forget (via Air Force Memes and Humor)
13. You want their attention? Better have some Oakleys and cigarettes that “fell off a truck.”
WATCH: Vet On The Street
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!