13 funniest military memes for the week of June 16
Military memes are like digital morale, and we have collected the most potent 13 from this week for your pleasure.
1. Definitely going to get made fun of on the ship for that one (via Sh-t my LPO says).
2. The Army does not know how to party (via ASMDSS).
3. In the end, only the DD-214 remains.
4. This is why socialized pay in the military is so weird:
(via Coast Guard Memes)
5. All this for a Camaro (via Team Non-Rec).
6. Double points when they want to talk about morale (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
7. “Keep on firing, buddy. I’m behind cover and my guardian angel is 3… 2… 1…” (via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
8. Peace. Out. (Via Lost in the Sauce)
9. Turns out, the camouflage works better than anyone predicted (via Sh-t my LPO says).
10. All about the Benjamins, baby (via The Salty Soldier).
11. Chiefs will avoid it at all costs (via Decelerate Your Life).
12. Just remember to bring something to use in exchange (via Decelerate Your Life).
13. He can’t help you now, staff sergeant (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.